Posted by loren on May 13, 2013
We’re looking for an experienced release manager – someone who can handle the major upcoming release of our product without losing their cool, losing their temper or just plain losing it. We want someone who can test, test, test for a flawless release. Someone who’s passionate about software, our product and our future. Oh, and someone that’s just plain awesome. Think you have what it takes? Apply ASAP. We want to meet you!
The Release Manager will see unmastered complexity as a problem to be solved. They have worked extensively with continuous integration systems and are equally happy improving an existing CI or configuring a new one from scratch. They know why reading code is important, also understand why comprehensibility is essential to the survival of a software project. They are a domain expert in software quality who will eagerly share knowledge and tools with others in your organization.
- Methodologies: continuous integration, Agile…
- Change Management (eg. Git, Svn, Mercurial, CVS…)
- Configuration Management (eg. Chef, Puppet, Salt…)
- Deployment (eg. Mayven, Ant…)
- Clustered Topologies (VMWare, Xen, KVM, OpenVZ…)
- 5+ years in release management