Posted by Andreea Oprea on October 23, 2013
- Experience in publishing
- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff
- Acts as a project editor, performing a high level of substantive and copy editing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with email campaigns and social media strategy
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong grammar skills
- 3-5 years’ experience working in print or online in an editorial capacity
- Demonstrable, business-oriented point of view
- Strong writing, editing and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication, time management and follow-through
- Deft handling of multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-turnover production environment
Are you a savvy editor who can turn anything into a compelling story? Do you have an entrepreneurial, business-oriented point of view? Are you passionate about tech trends as they relate to business? Are you in your element managing a team of internal and freelance writers and artists and performing at a high level as well as copy editing? Do you have experience developing an organized, effective editorial calendar? If your eyes lit up as you shouted an enthusiastic yes yes! YES! to each of those questions we’d be thrilled to have you aboard as content editor at our progressive, innovative software company.
ONTRAPORT is seeking a Magazine Editor responsible for directing cohesive, mature and valuable business content. On the editorial side, this includes all stages of the online editorial cycle (editorial calendar development, topic identification, research, writing, editing and proofing, and assigning to freelance writers.) On the marketing side, this includes collaborating hands-on with the Growth team and business line leads to create valuable, compelling copy and marketing collateral to support revenue, market penetration and profitability goals. Overarching all is a dedication to the growth and education of entrepreneurs, including demonstrable knowledge of current small and micro business trends, a firm grasp of the online business landscape, and experience communicating these concepts through various media.