Take a look at our available positions!
Are you happiest helping others? Are you a customer service pro? Are you tech and business savvy? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to meet you!
Now, this isn’t your average support position. When you put on your Customer Service-Support Hero cape you’ll be actively helping entrepreneurs run their businesses, troubleshooting issues, answering questions, and blowing everyone away with your radness. Our clients are awesome, our software is award-winning and we’re known for providing over-the-top customer service. We’re looking to add the next A player to our team. Will it be you?
- Pro-active customer support: you’ll be calling THEM to welcome them as new clients or to find out if they need help or support.
- Take customer service issues from first report through resolution while making sure that our clients feel supported and are blown away with your service and professionalism.
- Create knowledge base articles, FAQs and canned responses to reduce future tickets and make the remaining ones quicker to handle.
- Train existing clients and update support documentation (manuals, videos, etc) when new features are released.
- Collect feedback, concerns, requests and ideas from clients and communicate them to appropriate team members.
- Eventually be able to recommend best practices and help clients get the most out of our software.
- Quickly learn a sophisticated piece of software backwards and forwards.
- Learn and understand the fundamentals of marketing so you can understand the issues and challenges our customers are facing.
- Diligent, organized, professional, and friendly.
- Some understanding of HTML is preferred but not required.
- Follow through flawlessly – no dropped tickets!
- Be able to troubleshoot.
- Assist Executive team in developing and executing public relations/communication strategies that support the overall brand, products and business
- Identify and execute creative news making opportunities and inspire media to cover ONTRAPORT product, service, thought leadership and events
- Identify and design creative ways to interact with media stakeholders, including influential social media and bloggers to correspond with the ONTRAPORT brand and business
- Cultivate PR events and activities including thought leadership placements, photo shoots, media partnerships, press previews, etc.
- Identify, cultivate and nurture key distribution points for ONTRAPORT thought leadership, product, service and business related content
- Work with the CGO to develop and refine measurement strategies for PR and marketing communications campaigns
- Drive and support the development of relevant, engaging and brand-reflective PR materials
- BA or BS in communications, journalism or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a public relations function
- Successful track record in a PR and/or marketing communications role
- Demonstrated, superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to adjust writing style for promotional, technical and online projects
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Positive and professional personality
- Wicked sense of humor a plus
Do you love entrepreneurs, the dreamers and doers who put themselves on the line to follow their dreams? Are you also passionate about public relations and marketing communication? If so, you’re our kind of PR person.
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing… but behind that is real people. And in our case, real Entrepreneurs with needs and wants and quirks and most importantly BIG dreams. So we need someone with solid PR pedigree who gets that. Someone who gets Entrepreneurs… the creators, thinkers and rebels who are putting themselves and their ideas and passions on the line every day.
If you’re our person, you get that most of these Entrepreneurs are burdened by technology. If you’re our person, you’re the one that shows them that in that way we’re all the same… and that ONTRAPORT is the tool that unburdens Entrepreneurs from technology, giving them wings to bring their big dreams and unique value to the world.
Leverage your sharp, creative and experienced public relations mind (as well as your existing contacts in online and traditional media) to tell the ONTRAPORT story and inspire Entrepreneurs. Fully integrate yourself into the business so that you can accurately and productively identify the right kinds of media opportunities, influencers, events, speaking opportunities and content channels to move ONTRAPORT forward in a fragmented marketplace. Be the very real place where the marketing communications buck stops; inspiring confidence, purpose and direction across the organization and our marketplace.
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Interact and collaborate with other members of your team as well as members of other departments
- Create copy for various digital channels including blogs, social media, and online industry sites
- Frequently correspond with key contributors across departments to gather content for blog and social media use including photos, and happenings throughout the company and its industry
- Build on the ONTRAPORT communication strategy and press releases
- 4 years in an advertising or interactive agency preferred
- An extensive portfolio of marketing writing for email and web
- Experience producing high-volume, web-oriented content
- Firmly anchored knowledge of marketing principles as well as internet marketing strategy
- A demonstrable point of view and a developed context catering to business owners
- Proficiency in balancing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Be enthusiastic about taking on projects and assignments both on your own and collaboratively with a passionate team
ONTRAPORT is seeking a fast, flexible, and creative Marketing Copywriter whose brilliance in writing from a marketing standpoint complements their unique understanding of the technological as well as fundamental needs of small business owners. You’ll harness your writing savvy and put your conceptual thinking abilities to the test while delivering top notch content across a variety of mediums including our websites, blogs, social media, and industry sites. Be an integral part of the ONTRAPORT creative team as we develop and extend the ONTRAPORT voice and brand. The ball’s in your court – apply now!
Imagine working in a fast-paced environment on a variety of projects with inspiring leaders. That’s exactly what you’ll be doing as an executive coordinator for the CEO and COO of ONTRAPORT. You’ll get to use your detective skills to track down issues, interface with heads of industry and participate in the strategies of the business. And you get to work in a stunning office with views of the Pacific.
- Microsoft Outlook calendaring wizard
- Highly organized and flexible, expert at organizing others
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Heavy scheduling and rescheduling of meetings and daily activities
- Screen incoming phone calls and managing requests
- Performs diversified secretarial and administrative duties of a confidential nature as an integral part of the executive team
- Maintains executives’ daily calendars, schedules appointments and conferences, and makes necessary travel arrangements
- Assemble required background materials for executives’ scheduled meetings
- Organize and distribute agenda notices and meeting minutes
- 3+ years experience supporting at the executive level
- Superior organization skills, strong attention to detail and diligent follow up are essential
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A positive, “can do” attitude that ensures all work is done in a customer-focused, professional manner is a must
- Must be able to perform duties without direction, demonstrating an advanced ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and decision-making discretion
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and address underlying situations before they’re fully developed
- A self-starter who demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills, good judgment and common sense, as well analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and adapt work style and processes according to the dynamic nature of the business and its executives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and high quality standards
- Ability to organize, prioritize, address, digest and report incoming correspondence/phone calls while executives are traveling
- Experience in publishing
- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff
- Acts as a project editor, performing a high level of substantive and copy editing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with email campaigns and social media strategy
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong grammar skills
- 3-5 years’ experience working in print or online in an editorial capacity
- Demonstrable, business-oriented point of view
- Strong writing, editing and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication, time management and follow-through
- Deft handling of multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-turnover production environment
Are you a savvy editor who can turn anything into a compelling story? Do you have an entrepreneurial, business-oriented point of view? Are you passionate about tech trends as they relate to business? Are you in your element managing a team of internal and freelance writers and artists and performing at a high level as well as copy editing? Do you have experience developing an organized, effective editorial calendar? If your eyes lit up as you shouted an enthusiastic yes yes! YES! to each of those questions we’d be thrilled to have you aboard as content editor at our progressive, innovative software company.
ONTRAPORT is seeking a Magazine Editor responsible for directing cohesive, mature and valuable business content. On the editorial side, this includes all stages of the online editorial cycle (editorial calendar development, topic identification, research, writing, editing and proofing, and assigning to freelance writers.) On the marketing side, this includes collaborating hands-on with the Growth team and business line leads to create valuable, compelling copy and marketing collateral to support revenue, market penetration and profitability goals. Overarching all is a dedication to the growth and education of entrepreneurs, including demonstrable knowledge of current small and micro business trends, a firm grasp of the online business landscape, and experience communicating these concepts through various media.
Are you passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see, while working closely with an incredible in-house design team of habitual ass-kickers? Good – because ONTRAPORT is seeking a Graphic Designer just like you to do just that. We’re in the habit of enhancing the design of our existing interface at every opportunity and we need your help make it happen! You’ll be working on an array of individual design projects while also tackling tasks that range from website design and iconography to print and collateral work. If you can make us look sharp and are a pleasure to work with, you’re in!
- Crazy attention to detail
- Clean, creative, fun style with an eye towards marketing effectiveness
- Typography geeks
- Ability to manage several projects at once
- Knowledge of web standards
- Voracious learners
- Prima donnas
- Designers who get their feelings hurt when we don’t love an idea
- Bad gradients
- Comic sans
- Missed deadlines
- A strong portfolio showing creative and executable skills
- 1-plus years of professional experience in a web and graphic design environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Some experience in HTML & CSS preferred
- Experience in WordPress a plus
Is LAMP more than just an appliance in your living room? Is Ajax more than just a powdered household cleaner? Do you count electric sheep? Well then my friend, have we got a job for you! Join our team of adept developer ninjas as they grow our core code base by constantly optimizing our existing code while adding new and exciting Web 3.0 features! Additionally, you’ll be helping us with our client email delivery by handling bounces accurately and instantly, identifying and stomping out spam, and extending the current toolset that we offer to our clients! It is truly nerd-vana.
- Collaborate with the team to solve problems
- Track down and squash bugs when discovered or reported.
- Work with product team to architect, develop and deploy new features
- Improve existing code base by discovering and re-factoring speed bottlenecks, ensuring clean MVC and object-oriented architecture throughout, etc.
- Research, architect, and port localized data file system to distributed content delivery network (CDN).
- Research, test, and deploy portions of our system for hosting via AWS.
- Monitor and improve algorithms to improve speed and delivery response
- Build scripts to improve workflow for delivery admin
- Design and implement queuing algorithm to minimize delivery latency while under load
- Brainstorm caching schemes for quick delivery of email to MTA
- Research, identify patterns, and develop algorithms to find and stop email abusers
- Convert infrastructure to scale seamlessly from 3000 accounts to 100k accounts
- Integrate 3rd party email testing and rendering services to provide customer feedback
- Review customer feedback and develop reporting system improvements
- Design database queries to improve speed and capability of our reporting engine
- Design front-end data display tools for end-users, including scheduled reports via email, PDF, and more
- Work with database engineer to develop real-time, live reporting for various datasets such as sales and lead flow
- Develop internal statistics to monitor system and feature usage and display on company dashboard
To provide technical support and contribute to the creation of new features and web applications for our extremely high traffic consumer facing web site. This includes providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of front end user interfaces to the business opportunities facing our company.
We value brains, engagement, passion, and a ‘no excuses’ attitude. Since we’re focused on delivering value to our client base quickly, we iterate fast and release often. We use an agile-like methodology that balances our need for quick turn-around with the knowledge that doing things right the first time pays big dividends. You take the long-view of product development and are excited to build-to-last so you write clean, clear code that others can understand and is scalable, object oriented, and commented.
After applying through this website, please include the words “Web UI Engineer” in the subject line of your email. Corporate culture is as important to us as the work experience you have, so make sure we sound like a good fit before submitting your resume.
- User Interface
- Interact with product managers to define and develop new products, features, and enhancements
- Build mockups and prototypes to communicate and refine product/feature concepts
- Contribute scalable, production-ready code for user-facing features
- Develop reusable application components
- Promote best practices for web user experience
- Optimization and Design
- Recommend improvements to the user experience through changes in infrastructure, server optimization, product interface, practices, and policy
- Manage Load Times
- Collaboratively work with development team to spec out new features to improve optimizations
- Global Applications including language and currency features
- 5 years plus experience in Web Development
- 3 plus years experience working in jQuery
- Object Oriented Programming
- Building Applications
- Experience with PHP, MySQL a plus
- Monitor and provide recommendations for optimizing and scaling our Db infrastructure
- Design and document database architecture
- Design Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence platform
- Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions
- Monitor User Level Security
- Maintain Server Uptime
- Proactively monitor the servers to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
- Back-up & Recovery
- Optimization and Design
- Researching, testing, and implementing new technologies such as CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Designing and deploying our rapidly scaling server infrastructure
- Researching and deploying worldwide DNS network to minimize dns latency
- System Administrator
- Coordination with Manage Hosting Solution
- Scheduled Maintenance
- 5 years’ experience working in LAMP environment
- Experience Optimizing my.cnf
- MySQL query profiling
- Data Modeling
- Writing Queries, stored procedures, triggers
- Monitoring system load in relation to mysql
- Binary Log / Mysql Replication
- Load Balancing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capacity Planning
- Mysql Cluster
- NoSQL or other Database Languages
- Experience with Big Data
We’re looking for a MySQL database administrator who can wrangle our many MySQL databases and our terabytes of data. You will oversee development and help with organization of our databases, as well as assessment and implementation of our exciting and rapidly growing new technologies and advancements. Our database administrators will work as part of a collaborative team to optimize and scale the Data layer of the business.
In an era where social media casts a spotlight on business like never before, getting the word out and getting out there first is everything. Does creative ingenuity come naturally to you? Are you eager to shower the web, press and various media outlets with information about ONTRAPORT’s products and services, bringing us one step closer to becoming a household name? If so, we want you! Additionally, your public relations endeavors will include actively relaying information on company announcements, events, culture, personnel, awards, product features, and new products to all parts of the outside world. Become an ONTRAPORT PR Intern and apply today!
- Draft and coordinate production of press materials, including press releases and fact sheets
- Increase awareness and understanding of competitors and industry through research
- Assist the team in identifying new channels of communication such as blogging and social networking
- Research technology award opportunities
- Award application completion and submission
- Research tech conference opportunities
- Register for tech conferences, including pre-conference planning/coordination
- Coordinate with PR agency
- Create press kit
- Brainstorm for contests, promotions, polls and other “user involvement” methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Organized and detail oriented
- Outgoing personality
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Strong interest in technology
- Interest / experience in public relations is a plus
- College junior or senior
- Major in Communications or related field
- GPA of at least 2.5
- Part Time. 12-16 hours/week
- 3 month term
- School credit
- Letter of reference
- Invaluable work experience
- Eligibility for a paid position upon the successful completion of internship program
Are you tech savvy? Do you pride yourself in the ability to find and exploit weaknesses in things as well as break them? If so, we’ve got a home for you here at ONTRAPORT. As part of our software Quality Assurance team, you’ll be involved in the production and testing of new features that will be included in software updates, releases and product launches. The name of the game around here is ‘bug-free’ and ‘always up’! At ONTRAPORT, we value brains, engagement, passion, and a ‘no excuses’ attitude. Since we’re focused on delivering value to our client base quickly, we iterate fast and release often. We use an agile-like methodology that balances our need for quick turn-around with knowing that doing things right the first time pays big dividends. You take the long view of product development and are excited to build-to-last, so you write clean, clear code that others can understand and is scalable, object oriented, and commented.
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Use-Case Writing
- System Testing
- Work with developers to build unit-tests for all new code and existing legacy code
- Create and deploy phpUNIT for pre-push updates
- Create and deploy Selenium tests for front-end monitoring and pre-push testing
- Work with product managers to ensure that delivered features match their specs
- Design pre-development test-cases for new features and working with developers to ensure complete test coverage
- Quick Learner
- Technical Mind
- Completed College Level English
- Major in Computer Science
- GPA of at least 2.0
- Part Time. 12-16 hours/week
- 3 month term
- School Credit
- Letter of reference
- Invaluable work experience.
- You will also be eligible for a paid position after the successful completion of the internship program.
Don’t see a job on our site that matches your unique skill set?
Think you can add a new instrument to our growing orchestra?
Graduates of Harvard University are encouraged to take the initiative in creating or inventing a job rather than simply finding one. You may not be a Harvard grad, but that shouldn’t stop you from pitching your ideal career to us.
Create a video and tell us what you want to do, why you are awesome, what your credentials are, and why we need you on our team! And remember, don’t be afraid to be yourself. We want to meet you, not your public relations representative.
Please send all submissions with a link to or attachment of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe in a collaborative, no-fault work environment where team members are given the opportunity to express their own personal creativity with the support and backing of the executive staff. We initiate coaching for success, and provide many opportunities for personal and career development.
- Daily Catered Lunches – In Office
- Free Drinks & Snacks
- Gym Memberships
- Stock Options
- Full Medical, Dental & Vision Plan and much, MUCH MORE