Posted by loren on October 23, 2014
ONTRAPORT is looking for a skilled User Experience/Interface Designer to join our fast-growing product team. As a UX designer, you will work directly with the product team on interface design for our SaaS platform used by thousands of businesses around the world.
This person should have a talent and passion for translating complex tasks into simple interactions — driving our product’s ease of use. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative environment, working alongside UX design peers, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Product Managers to create revolutionary software solutions.
- Develop wireframes, designs and detailed UI specifications for the engineering team.
- Present designs to Product Team, continuing to iterate and incorporate feedback as necessary.
- Facilitate user research, in collaboration with the team, to validate prototypes and conduct ongoing usability testing of the working software.
- Contribute to the continual development of user interface design requirements and standard UI components.
- Support the team as needed with wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes to communicate and validate design ideas.
- Be the advocate of the customer, sharing data and insights with the team to communicate customer needs and best practices.
- Participate in the evolving UX team strategy, discovering new tools and resources.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in user experience or interactive visual design.
- Must possess a sense of practicality and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and user experience.
- The ability to understand and design for complex technical products, using modern design best practices.
- The ability to clearly organize design documents, communicate design rationale, and build consensus.
- Adobe design tools expertise.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Experience in a collaborative design environment and the ability to constructively contribute to team growth and maintaining excellence throughout the department.
- A cutting edge portfolio of software design that demonstrates outstanding interaction design skills.
- Experience with a variety of UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, mockups, prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with large and complex software interfaces and projects.