Posted by Cyrus Van Norman on March 10, 2015
We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic System Administrator. This candidate must be able to deploy virtualized Linux servers and assist us in bridging the gap between the servers and the application code. They must also know how to optimize server topology like a boss and spot network bottlenecks from a mile away. Are you up to the challenge? Then we need YOU to be ONTRAPORT’s new System Administrator. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of the servers and technologies that support our web-based software application. We are looking for someone who’ll follow best practices and stay current on all new server and related technologies, while consistently and proactively maintaining the security of all our clients’ data.
- Deploy Linux Servers Virtualized (OpenStack) or not.
- Be able to install binary version of software on CENTOS.
- Build code and perform code pushes.
- Keep security patches to OS and software up-to-date.
- Optimize server topology (TCP/IP).
- Patch and test different versions of third party software.
- Identify bottlenecks in network (network card, router, servers).
- Monitor all servers and recommend where improvements are necessary.
- Design and deploy Multi-Location Clustered Solutions.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Design Systems standards.
- Forecast growth needs based on historical data.
- Use and understand Git.
- Attend department and team meetings.
- Contribute to company projects.
- Participate in weekly Think Tank.
- Know hardware and software inside out.
- Previous experience with a Saas company.
- Three years of System Administrator experience.
- Experience in OpenStack or Virtualized environments a big plus.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
Must have a high level of computer literacy. Role includes repetitive movement of hands and fingers for long periods of time – typing and/or writing.