Posted by Cyrus Van Norman on August 22, 2016
As a PR Intern at ONTRAPORT you will learn about public relations while being exposed to all aspects of a career at a Sass company. You will follow a weekly curriculum that will cover research, outreach, media relations, awards applications and basic marketing. You will report to your mentor on a regular basis in this role.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Exceptional written communication and research skills
- Interest in public relations and media relations
- At least a college-level Junior
- Growing our media list
- Help A Reporter Out (H.A.R.O.) pitching
- Web book Link Building Outreach
- Assistance in ONTRAPALOOZA coordination and promotion
- Assistance in Awards initiative for 2016/17
- School credit
- Letter of reference
- Eligibility for paid position upon the successful completion of internship program
- Hands-on experience in a marketing team
- Skills gained in the following areas: professional writing, narrative creation, teamwork in a professional setting and professional presentation
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
Must have a high level of computer literacy. Role includes repetitive movement of hands and fingers for long periods of time – typing and/or writing.