Posted by Cyrus Van Norman on May 12, 2016
The Creative Director at ONTRAPORT is a visionary. We are looking for an individual who is creative by nature, understands user interaction and is comfortable directing all phases of creative work from concept development through production. This role will work closely with the President to manage brand standards, provide direction on public-facing assets while ensuring each deliverable is technically superior and meets the goal of creating deeper engagement with our audience.
The Creative Director works hands-on with the Marketing Team to generate new and compelling ideas for all marketing assets, including videos, stories, series, interviews, campaigns and the like. The Creative Director must stay ahead of trends to develop concepts and campaigns to ensure ONTRAPORT is a trend maker and thought leader in the entrepreneurial space. In addition, the Creative Director oversees all creative service requests from other ONTRAPORT units, including Operations, Client Services, Business Development and Engineering, maintaining a cohesive brand throughout the organization.
- Oversee Design & Video teams.
- Maintain industry best practices for conversion.
- Work with Project Manager to improve process and workflows.
- Coach and mentor members of the Design & Video teams.
- Provide concepts and creative direction for each program offered.
- As a working leader, complete graphic design assignments.
Internal Department Creative Services:
- Meet with department head to ensure complete requests.
- Organize resource and priorities based on company goals.
- Maintain a cohesive brand across the organization.
- Execute our asset revision schedule to keep all assets up to date.
- Lead a collaborative, diverse and focused team to produce breakthrough work, every time, across all disciplines: advertising, collateral design, digital and web, social and experiential.
- Create an environment that places a premium on ideas, creativity, and innovation.
- Bring fresh perspective to every new problem.
- Collaborate with various departments to maximize results for the overall organization, in particular Marketing, Design, Content, and Video teams.
- Lead and actively participate in brainstorm sessions.
- Create and develop style guides across all departments and functions.
- Oversee asset management system and creative assets to maintain consistency and ensure creative tools are current.
- The Creative Director must show efficiency and competency in expression through all phases of a project, anticipating and troubleshooting as conflicts arise.
- Inspire and mentor the creative team.
- Measure and report on results.
- Support and mentor team members in idea development.
- Help sustain and guide creative process.
- Document, maintain and organize department workflows.
- Develop treatments and idea boards for new creative concepts.
- Write scripts and other copy needed for video shoots.
- Write articles, social media posts, and other copy as needed.
- Peer review content.
- Identify key relevant trade shows and events related to our industry.
- Develop media and content to support our growing Australian market, and look to build stories for international markets.
- Maintain an online whiteboard of articles, concepts, ideas, and the like.
- Proactively improve all systems and processes on a continual basis.
- Be part of the support think tank.
- Knowledge of idea/concept gathering and storytelling techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Light travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Background in Graphic Design
- Minimum ten years of practical brand and creative related experience
- Attend and coordinate department meetings, when applicable.
- Collaborate with other departments on internal projects and deadlines.
- Delegate and review team assignments.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
Must have a high level of computer literacy. Role includes repetitive movement of hands and fingers for long periods of time – typing and/or writing.